Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Upsy Daisy Day!

Yes, June 8th is a day to remind people to get up gloriously, gratefully and gleefully each morning…  According to Stephanie West Allen.

This is a rather recent holiday, and I have no idea why June 8th was chosen.

Nonetheless, I love the concept “upsy daisy,” which is a playful, reassuring phrase one uses while lifting a child or otherwise giving someone a helping hand.

We celebrated with cheery good-morning music.  And with picking daisies, of course.P1030610 (2)

First, here is the Upsy Daisy Song, which makes me smile just for the bizarreness of it.  I’m not sure why it makes Esmé smile, but it does…


A few other morning favorites:

What music gets YOU up gloriously, gratefully, and gleefully in the mornings?

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I LOVE daisies... and was intrigued with your post title as I could use an Upsy Daisy Day.

The smile on Miss Esme's face made me smile... thank you!

ToOdLeS.

Deb Chitwood said...

Your post just made my day! So much fun (adorable photo and such happy songs) ... thanks for sharing! I just featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow