Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Fragment: Pilot Trainin’

Original posted November 23, 2007

I learned how to be a pilot in school today. First I put on one of my airplane onesies. Then I packed my monkey backpack for travelin' and put that on, too. Then me and Traveler Monkey got out my wrist airplane and made it fly.

Mommy and I made a tasty paper airplane, which went down real well with some spit. It didn't fly so well (must be that A4 paper), so we talked about what makes airplanes fly. I practiced ground control with my barbershop rattle.

We read books like Going on a Plane, How Far is Far?, Flying is Fun, and It's a Small World. Of course we had to sing "It's a Small World" and then "Missionary Plane." We said "airplane" in sign language. Then I read my plastic book with different modes of transportation aloud to Mommy while she cut pineapple & papayas for lunch. I like the airplane and the ice cream truck the best... [click here to read the rest]

0 comments: