1. Grape Juice. It is definitely fall and heading into winter. After our first frost a couple of weeks ago, we were inspired to harvest our grape crop and make about 20 quarts of frozen juice.
Here’s our juicing contraption. For some reason I feel like a real pioneer looking at this.
It was COLD in the shop as we sat around waiting for the juice to steam out! (And that would be Great Grandma’s handmade wool blanket keeping Miss Esmé warm – to add to the pioneer effect.)
And here it all is, packed nicely into our freezer. I have an aversion to canning – too many bad experiences. Ask me next year if the frozen thing works well or not… This stuff is pretty strong – we mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with water and add sugar, almost like making lemonade.
2. Gift Vine. And where I was headed with all that – check out our latest Homeschool Village post, inspired by the vine, or the Vine…
3. Harvard Business Review. Speaking of posts, here’s our latest post at Heart of the Matter Online – lessons a homeschooling mom learned from the Harvard Business Review.
4. Microscope. We just got this nifty new microscope in the mail. It’s supposed to last Esmé through medical school, so we are working on not breaking it for now. But I am thinking we need to start a new meme, “Saturday Slide” maybe?, to showcase all the cool stuff we are viewing through it.
5. Kiddie Christmas Card Exchange. Still time to sign up for this at The Toy Box Years – until November 18th!
6. Puppy Cookies. It’s nice to see that Mel is back at the Cake Walk, and that Esmé and I guessed what her cookies were going to be! She’s got the yummiest cakes and baby over at her blog.
7. Girls for Girls! Friends of friends are asking for a vote that really counts – for numerous girls in Kenya. Head over to Girls for Girls and vote for Kajiado! 25,000 Euros are at stake and could make a big difference.
8. Gratitude Challenge. November hasn’t started for us yet. Honestly? But it will soon, and we’ll be joining up over at Garden of Learning and Young Homemakers. From the Glistener blog. Any moment now.
9. 30 Days of Intentional Acts of Kindness with your Kids. It’s happening right now over at I Can Teach My Child. And it fits in perfectly with our Gift Vine concept. I won’t be blogging about it, but we are definitely thinking it.
10. My Own Pet Balloons. Just came across this cool initiative that pairs kids’ natural love of animals AND balloons with the Canines for Disabled Kids organization. You can bring a smile to your own child’s face and support a child with disabilities all at the same time…
11. Give Them Grace – Dazzling Your Kids With the Love of Jesus. Will you join us at The Homeschool Village as we read through this book that puts everything into the perspective of God’s dazzling grace?
I *think* that is it for today’s PSA. Hang tight for more to come…