It's been a while since we talked about Operation Love Zimbabwe. We are still planning a 2-week giveaway to inform blog readers everywhere about the tragedies that are taking place in Zimbabwe - like the cholera epidemic that has killed 1,000 or so people already. And we want to let them know how they can help.
We've got a couple of guest posts about Zimbabwe lined up and lots of great gifts, too. We can't wait to start giving them away! Of course, we are always looking for more...
And we're having to move up the date a little. Cuz we are going to Zimbabwe ourselves now, you see. Right at the beginning of February. To run an orphanage and farm there. So we'll have to get this giveaway underway and done before then so we can make sure everything gets shipped out in time. This operation's now planned for January 18-31st. We'll give you more details as the time gets closer.
Once again, thanks for everyone who has helped keep this blog going with guest posts this month! You are all very much appreciated.
Just wanted to share a few photos of some of my crazy stunts while we were packing things up in Mozambique...
And we're still catching up on some memes and awards. Thanks to Simply Stork for this 7 factoids meme. So here are 7 factoids about us:
And we are hereby tagging the following:
This is how it works.
- We like to read. Both of us. My favorite book at the moment is Happy Birthday, Moon. I love how the moon talks back by echoing everything Bear says. And Mommy is currently trying to make it through Turnbull by Agnes Sligh.
- I was born in the water. But I don't like getting my face wet. Though I do love the ocean and swimming in the pool. Mommy doesn't mind getting her face wet, but she doesn't like deep water at all.
- Our toenails are red. Except mine look a little messy, and one of Mommy's toenails is quite smudged from when I stepped on her foot while the polish was still wet. I LOVE red toenails now!
- We like listening to Christmas music! I sing along to "Away in a Manger." Mommy's favorite at the moment is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by Casting Crowns. And we both like Boney M's "Mary's Boy Child." Oh, and I really like Charlotte Church's Christmas CD. And my cousin says studies on mice show that 75% have an increase in brain function after being subjected to Christmas music continuously for a month.
- We like berry flavored lip gloss! My Mozambique cousins got me started on lip gloss, and I am quite good at putting it all over my chin now. But Mommy puts hers on for me so it goes directly on my lips instead of my chin. I like smacking and licking my lips!
- We don't go to bed on time at nights. Here it is 11:38 p.m. right now.
- We ate lemon popsicles for supper tonight. I love popsicles! Especially after running around outside flapping my arms in the wind and spinning in circles. And then I got a bubble bath afterwards to get all the stickiness off.
- Give Me a Second To Think About It...
- Ma Vie Follie
- Somebody Loved
- See Kori Rant
- The Laughs Will Go On...
- If Mom Says OK
This is how it works.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6)
- Write 7 random things about yourself.
- Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.