Prayers requested for Mavinga, our gardener’s 4-year-old son. He was sick with a fever, and his dad took him to the hospital on Friday. Things so quickly take a turn for the worse in this country – it seems kids we know are dying all the time – and I would hate to see anything tragic happen to this beautiful kid.
Yesterday my sister and two friends got mugged while walking on the Maputo beach. In broad daylight. With other people around. There were no serious injuries and all property was recovered, but it was scary to realize how vulnerable we are here.
On a more positive note – my niece turned 14 yesterday. Here we are at a girls’ night in her honor – watching movies with popcorn and pizza and cake nearby. And my other niece here (who is turning 10 today) gives the most wonderful back massages!
I’ve got a couple of memes to play. Today we’ll start with a simple one since I don’t feel like thinking hard (must be all the chocolate). This one comes from Celita at The Spices of Life: Five random things about myself:
- Gouda is my new favorite cheese. Sorry, cheddar boy!
- I’m looking at a heart-shaped bruise on my leg – very romantic blues and yellows. Last week Esmé fell off her bed at a chalet we were staying at, and in my rush to get to her, I ran into the corner of our bed.
- I ate chocolate ProNutro for breakfast, along with my hot chocolate. I think I am addicted.
- am going to do my Pilates DVD today. No excuses. Even if I can’t leave the yard to walk or jog or ride the bike, and even if there are no local TurboKick classes and gyms, I CAN experience the joys of exercise. :)
- I LOVE reading. I collect books because I’m afraid I will run out of books to read someday, and I can’t stand the thought of not having something to read. But I am NOT a librarian type. No. NO. NO! (Sorry, I'm a little sensitive about that today . . . )