Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Busyness

Hope your weekend is going wonderfully and restfully! We've got two awards to pass on this week. Awardees, we just wanted to let you know we appreciate your blogs! Feel free to pass these awards on if you'd like.

First is the Share the Magic Award from Pam at Random Thoughts. Pam has a beautiful girl and a boy close to Esmé's age. She's a teacher, and in the midst of all her busyness in getting ready for a new school year in a new school, she found the time to pass this on. Thanks!

RDH Mom, the creator of this award, says, "It is lovingly called the "Share the Magic Award". It is for sharing your magic in the world of blogging. I have met some incredible people since I have started blogging. I think of you as my friends and liken you a pen pal. I have met bloggers from all over the world, from as far away as Australia to as close as a nearby city. Although I have not met any of you IRL, I feel like I know you. We share our lives, our hopes, our dreams, and our most embarrassing moments. I don't know how I stumbled upon my first blog, or why I got the notion to start one of my own. I have unleashed a passion for writing that I never knew I had. Because of the encouragement you give me with your comments, I am nurturing this passion, and loving every minute of it. That is the Magic of Blogging.....and for that reason I am bestowing this award to my wonderful friends in the blogging world."


I have been thoroughly enjoying mom blogs - it makes me feel part of a wonderful community. Here are a few moms I'd like to thank for sharing some magic:

  1. Damselfly at Growing a Life.
  2. Jennifer at Family Musings.
  3. Tara at If Mom Says OK.
Then the Arte Y Pico award comes from Lori at Teacher Turned Mommy. In addition to keeping us updated on her two cute little boys, Lori comes up with a new blog design every season, it seems. Wow!


Now the rules are I have to post the rules and pass on to five people. So here are the rules:

  1. Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
  2. Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.
  3. Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
  4. The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the “Arte Y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
  5. Please post these rules.
And I'm passing on the award to the following:
  1. Fish and Frog - Turtle and Blog. Beautiful nature photos and nature lessons on this blog.
  2. The Spices of Life. Gorgeous papercuts here!
  3. Hootin' Anni. Lots of great photos of art on this one.
  4. Blissful Begonia. A blog about the good things in life.
  5. No Time for Flashcards. Had to have at least one with kiddy art on here! Lots of fun stuff for kids.
Now that we have the business out of the way, here is a photo of what I found shortly after our emergency trip to Shoprite today to pick up sugar. Look familiar, anyone? Can't turn my back for a second. Now I've gotta go clean up Esmé's disaster . . .

Have a blessed week ahead!

16 comments:

Pam said...

congrats on all your bloggy bling- I love that picture of E- makes me feel like my kids are normal!! That is a familiar scene in our house, well, minus the cash because there is never any in my purse.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I love that "Who, ME????" look on her face!

Tara R. said...

Wow... thank you so much, this is gorgeous!

When our daughter was about this age, we could put her favorite toys on the floor and her dad's wallet. She would go for the money every time. We should have taken it as the sign it was.

I love the expression on her face - busted!

Damselfly said...

Aw! Thank you so much! How magical! That's so nice of you. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. It's been so fascinating hearing what life is like in Mozambique too.

I love that picture of Esme getting into the purse. :)

Sandra said...

LOL what is it with kids and money huh? Jasmine was like that since she was two years old, she's always gone for the money LOL

Danielle said...

Her face is priceless!

Vered said...

"Can't turn my back for a second."

I can relate to that. :)

I love mom blogs too. It IS an amazing community.

Claremont First Ward said...

Caught! YOu use American currency in Mozambique?

daysease said...

thank you for thinking of me!! how nice! how exciting, too! :-)

Kori said...

The photo craks me up-and then I hear these comments and it makes me feel like my 2 year old is ssadly behind his peers-he has no idea what money is. None.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the award.

I can't turn my back on Charlotte either. But she hasn't figured out what money is yet, thankfully. :)

Allie said...

Thank you so much! Now i have to think of who to pas this beautiful award to!

I have been really enjoying your blog as well!

Jackie said...

Well, thank you! So very nice of you. :)

That picture is the best...I love the pile of money on the floor behind her. :) That is a favorite pasttime of my little one as well...emptying purses is sooo much fun!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Congrats on our awards - what a cute shot fo your daughter! What is it about mom's purse?

Baker Watson said...

First - Congratulations on the awards passed along to you by your fellow bloggers. They are well deserved.

And thank you for passing one along to our little blog. We are always pleased and honored when one of our readers find our blog interesting and a nice place to visit. You know how we love visitors to our pond, lol.

It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and check out how you are faring. Hope Granpa's visit goes well.

Baker

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the award! Happy blogging to you. :-)