Sunday, February 26, 2012

Creativity ISN’T School

This week’s Blog Cruise is a Kid’s Answer.  So here is Esmé’s answer to:

What do you like best about homeschooling?

I really like to do recess, like play outside.  I like to play and play all day.  Hey!  “Play” and “day” rhyme!

I like that after I finish school, I might get a prize, like ice cream.  Or maybe get to do a project.  Like coloring, painting, putting stuff together like puzzles.  Or making Saturn.Saturn

Did you know that projects are NOT like school?  Projects are being creative, like God is creative.  He is the Creator!

Mom’s Note:  As you can see, sometimes I resort to bribery.  I am still trying to figure out where Esmé’s concept of school being the three Rs – and only the three Rs – comes from.  If I can just figure out how to turn them into “projects,” we are set!

0 comments: