Author: Sheila Walsh
Genre: Christian children’s fiction ages 4-8
How to enter: Leave a comment, preferably with your favorite angel story! If you're a subscriber or a follower, leave a second comment for a second entry.
Entry deadline: October 10, 2011
Restrictions: Open internationally!
---------------List Price: $14.99
To Purchase: Amazon
For More Reviews: Litfuse Tour
Author’s Website: http://sheilawalsh.com/
This first book in a delightful new series offers a comforting message for young readers—God loves you very much and is always watching over you!
What little girl wouldn’t love her very own guardian angel? Parents and children alike will be won over by this humorous tale of Gabby, a guardian angel in training who has much to learn about taking care of God’s little ones. Her new assignment is to protect a young girl named Sophie, but Gabby soon realizes that watching after Sophie is a bigger challenge than she had expected! After a close call while riding her pony, Sophie learns what the Bible says about guardian angels: “He will put his angels in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go” (Psalm 91:11 ICB).
About the Author:
Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and best-selling author with more than 4 million books sold. A featured speaker with Women of Faith®, Sheila has reached more than 3.5 million women by artistically combining honesty, vulnerability, and humor with God's Word.
Author of the best-selling memoir Honestly and the Gold Medallion nominee for The Heartache No One Sees, Sheila's most recent release, The Shelter of God's Promises, has also been turned into a DVD curriculum and in-depth Bible study. The Gigi, God's Little Princess book and video series has won the National Retailer's Choice Award twice and is the most popular Christian brand for young girls in the United States.
Sheila co-hosted The 700 Club and her own show Heart to Heart with Sheila Walsh. She is currently completing her Masters in Theology.
The book is about an angel: someone who is God’s messenger. Guardian angels are the ones that protect you and watch over you, just like they are “guarding” you – it’s in their name. They even give you food.
I never rode a horse before. It would be so fun if I rode a horse named Glitter. If I caught a wild horse, I would tame it and name it Glitter and put some reins on it so I could hold it and ride it, and I’d put a little pony tail on its mane.
What Esmé Liked:
- The cover with the embossed stars. They are shiny. The letters are even sparkly pink, and even the blue letters are sparkly.
- Gabby upside down on the rainbow.
- Glitter’s ponytail.
- When someone gets scared, they don’t have to be afraid because they have a guardian angel to protect them.
What Esmé Didn’t Like:
- When Sophie is standing on a tree – because it’s scary.
What Mom Liked:
- Girl-Friendly. The book - illustrations and storyline - is very attractive, especially to little pink-loving princesses. Esmé thinks Gabby is beautiful and is enamored with Glitter, the horse. I enjoyed the fonts and layout of the written story.
- Message. I love the message of protection; of how guardian angels are there to show us how much we are loved by God.
- Fiction Approach. Our girls are inundated by messages of fairies and magic, and Esmé absolutely is drawn by them. This book is fiction, not theology, allowing it the flexibility to use a similar appeal to draw girls to a much more powerful message of God’s love and protection.
Replace fairies with angels? Absolutely a win in my book. This book has triggered some interesting conversations about angels with my daughter, and I look forward to more in this series.
In addition to our book giveaway, you can enter the author’s Kindle Giveaway – just click on this button for the details:
On October 4th join Sheila at her Author Page on FB for the Gabby, God’s Little Angel Party! She will announce the winner of the KINDLE, host a chat and give away a ton of fun products from the Gigi and Gabby line! Be sure to stop by on October 4th at 5:00 PM PST (6 PM MST, 7 PM CST, & 8 PM EST).
Remember to leave a comment to enter our giveaway for this book!
Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for organizing the review and giveaway copies of this book. We are not being paid for this review, and all opinions are our own…