Monday, May 2, 2011

Be Still…

P1030652 (2)
“Be still and know that I am God.” Ps 46:10

Be still…  Release…  Let go…

God speaks in lots of ways.

Sometimes He physically stops the donkey from moving, you know?  So you’ve gotta just sit there and be still, no matter how much you keep whipping that donkey to move forward…

Over at The Homeschool Village today, I’ve got ideas on teaching your preschooler to be still (as well as my own recent experience with stillness – with a crashed laptop last week).  I’d love to hear more tips on how you keep your kids still!

Some of my family had an unexpectedly-long 16-hour “be-still” experience in the hospital last week while my mom underwent surgery.  I start my own travel up to my parents’ home today, and would love your prayers for my family.  For healing, and for stillness…

2 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

I love that scripture quote!
Another one that I often think of is from Saint Seraphim of Sarvo – ‘Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved’. I've only met a few people in my life who have that 'stillness' and 'spirit of peace', but they are hugely inspiring individuals!
You and your family will be in our prayers!
Travel safely!

Jodi said...

This is an area in which I struggle. I find that as I get older it seems to get harder to just "be still". Thanks for the reminder. Praying for your safe travels and for your mom's healing.