One eensy weensy problem to dampen my motivation – I don’t always have someone at home to watch Esmé when I want to run, and I certainly am not up to pushing her on the run! Solution: keep on the fitness track with DVDs.
And that’s where Lindsay Brin’s 60 Day SlimDown System comes in. I haven’t had it long enough to evaluate the slimming down features of it – though I’m hoping to see them soon enough. But I have been enjoying the four DVDs already.
This Cutting Edge System will boost your metabolism and have the pounds melting off within the first 10 days. Get started today with the 3-phase Nutrition Plan any mom can follow, a detailed Fitness Calendar and Progress Tracker. Check your fitness level on Day 1 & Day 60 with the Fitness Test to see the stronger, leaner, new you.
In Phase 1 all workouts can be done in 30 minutes or less. Then in Phase 2 you will challenge your body even more so you continue to shred your core - and lose even more fat! All in 45 minutes or less. Also included, a bonus Phase 3 so you learn how to see results after the initial 60 Days.
In 60 days you will Super Charge your body for the Ultimate Slim Down. All you need is 1-2 sets of weights!
What I Like:
There is a whole lot I like, so we’ll get that bullet thing going:
- The plan is simple – no long books to read, just a 12-page outline that covers your food plan and your daily workout schedule. I love the ease of the food plan.
- There is a maintenance or ongoing plan – Phase 3 – so you can keep going with the program after 60 days.
- Lindsay is friendly, informative, and real. You can track her own postnatal fitness journey (2 babies, 4 IVFs) at www.lindsaybrin.com/. Actually, right now you’ll be tracking her pregnancy with #3!
- There is lots of variety. The Core Metabolic Jumpstart DVD is a 23-minute workout meant to boost metabolism. The Core Firing Sequence Method DVD is just a short 7-8 minute workout (actually, three, one for each phase). My personal favorite, the Shed Fast 5 DVD, has two half-hour routines with 3-minute intervals that keep things lively and interesting. And the last, the Post Natal Boot Camp DVD, has tons of options that you can mix & match, or just pick a Quickstart workout.
- It fits in YOUR schedule. While there is a recommended workout plan for the first 60 days, the DVDs are segmented so you can do several short workouts instead of one long one or mix things up.
- There are workout partners for different fitness levels. Most of the DVDs have a beginning, intermediate, and advance workout partner you can follow.
- I love the kickboxing segments, of which there are many. I just find them fun, energizing, and confidence-building.
- You don’t need a lot of equipment. I have one set of light weights, and that is serving just fine. And of course, there are no expensive foods to buy with the plan – you eat everyday, ordinary stuff.
What I Don’t Like:
Uh – exercise? Seriously, I’m not terribly motivated when it comes to exercise, but I’m finding that this is working well – and by this time next year, I’m expecting to have that marathon (and a few less pounds) under my belt.
Thanks to Moms Into Fitness/Lindsay Brin for the review copy of this system, and to MamaBuzz for coordinating this tour.
You can connect with Lindsay Brin on:
Want to Buy This System? Whether you want to lose your baby belly, just plain lose weight, or strengthen your core, I can highly recommend this system. The list price is $49.99. Lindsay is offering 30% off this 4-dvd set. Just use the coupon code “60daydvd30” that expires January 31st. And you can find all of her DVDs at www.momsintofitness.com.
Want to Win This? MamaBuzz is hosting a giveaway of the entire package, and Mel will be drawing a winner on February 1st, so head over to MamaBuzz to enter the 60 Day SlimDown System giveaway.
When we received this system for review, it meant we now have a second copy of the Shed 5 Fast DVD, which is my favorite of all the DVDs! So we are giving away our unopened DVD.
To win the Shed 5 Fast DVD:
- Comment on this post. Be sure I have a way to contact you.
- If you are a follower or subscriber, leave a second comment for a second entry.
- Open internationally.
- Winner will be randomly selected after January 25, 2011.