Author: Robin Currie
Genre: Christian children’s book (toddler/preschool)
How to enter: Leave a comment on on this post. If you're a subscriber or a follower, leave a second comment for a second entry.
Entry deadline: January 10, 2010
Restrictions: Open internationally!
This is our review copy, so it has been (as) gently read (as a three-year-old can read – no marks).
Publisher: David C. Cook
Physical Description: 36-page Board Book
List Price: $9.99
A simple and interactive approach to teach Bible stories, Scripture, prayers and worship to toddlers and preschoolers. Your child will look forward to the Baby Bible Moments Together when you share God's Word.
About the Author:
Robin Currie is a pastor at Grace Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. She has authored resources for teachers and librarians, and written Bible story collection for children. Her book, The Baby Bible Storybook, has sold over 300,000 copies.
What I Liked: This is a LOVELY intro to Christmas for your little ones!
- Sturdy board-book pages mean the smallest can page through on their own without too much damage (though we haven’t tested it with teething babes – :).
- You can use this for 15 short readings, or read through the whole book if your child wants – so it’s flexible for differing attention spans.
- Each reading has a Bible verse(s) associated with it, so you can refer back to or read the original passage if you like.
- There is also a prayer at the end of each reading to help internalize the story.
- There are suggested actions to do with each line of the reading. This is perfect for tiny ones who are still working on their basic vocabulary – and probably my FAVORITE part.
- The illustrations are Esmé’s FAVORITE part! Colorful, appropriate for each page of text, and on the verge of being cutesy but not quite…
What I Didn't Like: Got nothing for you!
Esmé (at 3 and 1/2) is just on the verge of outgrowing the book – though she still loves paging through the illustrations – so we will be gifting this book to one of you for the coming year…
Thanks to The B&B Media Group, Inc. for the review copy.
Remember to leave a comment to enter the giveaway!