In honor of Grandparents' Day coming up on Sunday, here are some photos from our visit with one set of grandparents this summer...
We've been having a great time reading about grandparents! Here are some of our favorites:
- Grandma’s Smile by Elaine Moore. A perfect book for fall!
- The Ultimate Guide to Grandmas and Grandpas! by Sally Lloyd-Jones. Oh so much fun! Cute animals acting as people – always a winner for Esmé – and then everything from the perspective of the little ones taking care of their grandparents…
- John Denver’s Grandma’s Feather Bed adapted by Christopher Canyon. I’ve loved this song since I was a kid, and it was fun to share it in book form with my daughter! The library book even came with a CD that improved my off-key rendition.
- The Tales of Grandpa Cat by Lee Wardlaw. A fun beginning chapter book that incorporates a few history lessons.
- Grandma Tells a Story by Lois G. Grambling. The kind of book you could imagine your own grandma writing for her first grandchild.
How about you? Doing anything for Grandparents’ Day?