Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Esmé (3yo) was completing a “follow the directions” worksheet.

Mom:  Draw a nose on the clown and color it red.

Esmé colors a big red nose with a marker, eventually wearing through the paper and creating a hole.

Esmé:  See – I made a really big nose!  It has a hole it it so the clown can put his finger in it!

Flame the cat (shedding fiercely at this time of year) comes into the living room where the family sits, meowing loudly.  Daddy makes a comment of annoyance.

Mom:  At least he has presence!

Esmé:  Yeah, he has presents – of fur!  Lots and lots of presents.

And Flame proceeds to graciously bestow his presents upon us all.

One summer evening…

Esmé: Daddy, get a big, big, big, BIG, BIIG, BIIIGGGG stick.

Daddy:  What for?

Esmé: To grab the moon and bring it down to the ground!

Daddy:  Why?

Esmé: Because I LOVE it!

Esmé sees Daddy for the first time after his haircut.  After giving him a hug, she takes a second look.

In a tone dripping with empathy, she asks, “Daddy, what happened to you?”


Our Family said...

These are so precious. What a cute little girls you have!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the clown story!

I recently gave my 6yo a buzz cut for the summer. He looked in the mirror and said with disdain, "I look like, Daddy!" I actually think his hair is shorter than Daddy's but... I don't think I'll tell him that!

3 for Me! said...

LOL!!!! The clown story is just too funny!!! isn't that like a 3 yr old!

K-tribe said...

LOVE the way tots talk and reason!!!!
I will miss that when they are bigger!!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Love the new look. NOt sure how "new" it is, but I am pretty behind in my reader :)

Your daughter is so cute. Love the clown nose picture comment!