Make that Mission Monday... :)
This is the first one of our new format - as Mommy is trying to make this feature more relevant to ME!
This week's focus was on Haiti AGAIN, since I hadn't really spent any time on it before.
First, we found Haiti on the globe. We talked a little bit about the language, and the food, and the weather, and the religions.
Then Mommy explained about earthquakes. I built a tower with my blocks on my table.
And then we shook the table like it was an earthquake! And all the blocks fell down, on top of the animals and everything. We talked about what to do if the ground started shaking - Get Out of the House as Fast as You Can!
We looked at some pictures of Haiti after the earthquake. It was very sad. The people were hurt, and were very sad. We looked at these two sites: Boston.com and Samaritan's Purse. (Note to parents: some of the pictures are pretty graphic...)
But there are people helping! Like my cousin, Justin. Yep, he's studying for his International Rescue and Relief degree and was part of a relief team that went to Haiti. Here's a link to an interview with Justin.
And blogs from two of his team members:
- Help Your Kids Help Haiti at Unplug Your Kids
- The Krul Family blog, where I got to meet Jayden from Haiti
- Praying and Learning about Haiti at Heart of the Matter
- What is a Missionary? at Portugal Bound
- That Endless Paperwork at In the Middle of Nowhere
- Labor of Love at I Believe in Love
- Waste Not at Heart of the Matter
- Well, We Got a New Pet at The Journey - what kid wouldn't love one of these?!