Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mission Sunday

Grandpa and Grandma are visiting right now! Here's hoping you all had a blessed weekend. Now for our Mission Sunday links:
  1. Have you started your list of people you still need to get gifts this year? I realized I had left Christ off the list when I read Lysa TerKeurst's 37 Days of Kindness post. I love this idea of hers, and while there may not be 37 days left, there's nothing wrong with starting the countdown at 25, huh?
  2. Speaking of giving, here's another take on the gift list by Matthew West. Check it out for a free song download and a printable Christmas list.
  3. Looking for some great Christmas posts to inspire you and maybe change the way you view the holidays? Check out ChristmasChange:
    live the gospel
  4. I love this "whining" post from mmm-BELLY-may Days, perhaps because I can so relate to it, as a returnee from a 3rd world country...
  5. Also one I can relate to: My Overloaded Brain...On Culture Shock at I Believe in Love.
  6. And another post from one of my favorite mission bloggers, Laura at Clearly Living, answering the question, "So, what do you do all day?"
  7. Prayer request for Shiloh, a mission mom in Paraguay, who lost sight in one eye a couple of weeks ago.
  8. If you've clicked on Josie Love's story before, I just wanted to follow up with this post of beautiful smiles on her face, finally with her new family in the US.
  9. Speaking of international adoption, here's a fundraiser gift idea with 30% of proceeds donated to a family adopting from Africa: a HOPE for AFRICA pendant

3 comments:

Jen Price said...

Thanks for re-posting my post on culture shock. It's a crazy thing, huh!? So your #9 talking about the Hope for Africa pendant...I have a friend who's really good friends with that couple adopting. I'm sure they appreciate you advertising as they raise money for their adoption. Their other little boy is so adorable!

ShEiLa said...

I love giving...
My kids get crazy when they ask... Mom what do you want for Christmas and I answer... to be with my family. I don't want anything else.

I am going to try to incorporate giving that includes service... especially to the less fortunate.

ToOdLeS.

sheila said...

I love all these, but 3,7,9 are going to get special attention! ;0)