Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mission Sunday


  1. Today's first featured blog, Ansley in Africa, is written by Ansley, a pediatric nurse who works in Tchad. Take a look at her latest post, Mother on the Road. Can you imagine being in labor for 30 hours and then undertaking the journey to a hospital at least 8 hours away? Or having to make the choice to send the mother on her journey?
  2. And I'd like to share this post with you over at The White Picket Fence about longing for home. Something we can all relate to, whether we are working "overseas" or not.
  3. Finally, here's an interesting website: Book Wish Foundation. They provide "reading relief for people in crisis." Costco is a supporter, among others. Check it out and see how you can help. It could be as simple as making your next book purchases through bibliotarian.org.

1 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Did you say 30 hours?
8 hour journey? while in labor?
I am going to go and read this when I am not hurting so bad...
Wow!

I will check out the other post as well.

I really missed you two while I was away. Ü

ToOdLeS.