We're procrastinating on our "E" Adventures post still, so I've decided to play along with
again and give you 7 fragments of STUFF...
- I've been reading up on potty training again, and am reassured to find out that it typically takes 4-6 months to get the potty training thing done. Though technically Esmé is completely trained. She knows what to do and how to do it. She did it perfectly for three days straight. She just chooses not to at this time. And we've got plenty of power struggles going on without making this another one...
- So we're using Pull Ups, which are way expensive. And tell me who on earth decided it was a good idea to put two varieties of designs in one package? Because Esmé refuses to wear the Pull Ups with only 1 princess on them. She MUST have the Pull Ups with 3 princesses on. Why settle for 1 when you can have 3??? So we're stuck with half packs of expensive Pull Ups that we can only sneak on when she is too tired to notice...
- Remember me saying I'm curious about ARCs - Advance Reader Copies of books that get distributed free in exchange for reviews? And I LOVE free books. So I've been researching how to get these, and you'll start to see a few book reviews on this blog from time to time. These will generally be children's, parenting, and/or Christian themed. I've got three reviews lined up already and have been blessed with three excellent books - one picture book, one pre-teen book, and one written from the perspective of a 15-year-old. I'm excited about getting Esmé involved with book reviews already (yep - she's been interviewed for the picture book!), building up her library for future years, and being exposed to different genres and types of books that I wouldn't normally pick out myself.
- I just got 3 new books in the mail today! And 4 free magazines. And a free activity booklet. And a free DVD. And some free microwave steam bags. My kind of mail day!
- After some pipe cleaners stuck into an outlet and a burnt out fan, we've finally put in the outlet safety covers. I fear it's too late, however. Esmé has been fascinated by them and "helps" me by taking them out for me.
- Is it possible that Esmé is outgrowing naps already? I've been pushing her bedtime later and later (like 10 or 11 p.m.) to keep her from getting up before 7 or 8 in the morning - I kinda like a little sleep myself. On Tuesday she didn't really get a nap, so she went to sleep at 8:30 p.m., but then she was ready to go for the day at 4 a.m.! Help! And I treasure that naptime so much!
- Ahh - the challenges and joys of motherhood! As much as I complain about all the new stages and dangers she puts herself into, I am so proud of my big little girl who smiles and chatters and argues convincingly with everything we say! If we call her a monkey (or anything else), she insists she's a "girl." But if we call her a girl, she insists she's a "boy." Anything for a good argument. Now we've just gotta learn how to work with her to get things done OUR way!