It's 12:59 a.m. and I just feel like chatting rather than going to bed. So I thought I'd play along with
and give you 7 fragments of STUFF...
- Happy National Donut Day! What a perfect way to wrap up our "D" weeks... Though sadly there are no Krispy Kremes in our area - I hear they and a few other donut chains are giving away free donuts. So if there is one near you, please go get one and remember me while eating it! Bavarian cream if you don't mind. (BTW, is it "donut" or "doughnut?") Of course, we won't let the day go to waste - we'll be making biscuit donuts. Of course.
- To celebrate the end of "D" week, we are demolishing diapers. Yep - today, er, yesterday, we stockpiled a doll that pees, snacks and candy for prizes, and lots of drinks. Toilet training camp starts on Sunday. We fully expect to be done with training within 2.5 hours, of course. Of course. Just to be on the safe side, though, we've got 4 days of at home time before we have to go anywhere, since Esmé's Tuesday tumbling class was canceled.
- Speaking of tumbling, Esmé started doing somersaults on her own at her cousins' house last weekend and hasn't stopped since... Of course.
- Our public library has this 50-book checkout limit. It's not enough! Now I check books out on my husband's card, too. I may have to get Esmé her own card soon. And no, we haven't lost any books yet. Of course not.
- I really really wish Mr. Linky would work again. I had all kinds of links on my alphabet posts that I want to check out for "E" school.
- I am really intrigued by the concept of ARCs - Advance Reading Copies of books distributed for free with the idea that the reader will post a review of the book. Or something like that. How does this work? How can I sign up to get free books? I LOVE books, especially free ones! Anyone?
- You know that menu planning thing? I'm pleased to say we've now started week 2 of being on a menu plan! Now, it's just one meal per day, but someone else plans the menu and even puts the shopping list together for me. And it's free - at http://www.menus4moms.com/. Being vegetarian, I do lots of substitutions. Of course. Did you know pierogies make excellent substitutes for chicken breasts when making "chicken" cutlets? Yummy... (If you want to pay a little for something that better suits your dietary requirements, http://www.savingdinner.com/ is pretty good, too. But right now I can't justify paying money for a menu when I'm sitting around doing nothing all day. Of course not. And I'm not being paid for this advertisement. Of course not.)
Now take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your weekend!---------------
You've got just a teensy bit more time to enter our Father's" Day Photo Canvas Giveaway! Hurry up and check it out if you haven't already!