Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday 13

For today’s Thursday 13, here is a list of my favorite things – things I am thankful for.
  1. Frosted Puffed Wheat. Shhh. Grandpa and Grandma bought this, and Mommy never eats it, so she doesn’t realize it’s frosted yet. She’s been wondering why I am so into puffed wheat these days.
  2. Popcorn. I mentioned yesterday that I’m hesitant to say I like a food, because then Mommy will feed it to me so much that I get sick of it. But I don’t think I can get sick of popcorn. I LOVE popcorn.
  3. Button. That belly button is the coolest thing. I just put my finger into it, and all my worries go away. Just like magic!
  4. Watches. And bracelets, and hair bands, and rubber bands, and anything else that fits around a wrist. Boy, those things are so much fun to put on and jingle around and look at and take off and put back on again!
  5. People Who Play With Me. I started to name them all off, but the list is way too long to remember them all.
  6. Dolls. I LOVE my dolls! All of them! It is so nice to have things littler than me to put to sleep, and feed, and undress, and sing to.
  7. DVDs. I like to pull a DVD out of its case and take it to Mommy or Daddy. They put the DVD in the computer (I’ve tried doing that by myself, but for some reason they don’t like me to) and then I get to watch Barney or Really Woolley or dogs or cats or all kinds of cool stuff. Then after about 5 minutes, I go get another DVD and have them put the new DVD in.
  8. Mangos. Even if we can’t eat them yet, I love finding little green mangos in the yard and carrying them around to show everybody.
  9. Singing. I love singing! I sing with music videos and CDs. I sing to myself when I’m in bed.
  10. Noses. I love to point out people’s noses and say “nose!”
  11. Laundry Basket. It is so much fun to lip up the lid, put clothes and other objects inside, and then slam down the lid carefully.
  12. Balls. Have you ever seen the way those things roll around? It’s amazing! I like to throw them and kick them. And bounce up and down on the HUGE yellow ball.
  13. Spinning in Circles. That “Ring Around the Rosies” song is the most awesome song ever!
Thirteen is WAY TOO SHORT! There are SO many other things I want to put on here. Like bunnies and airplanes and raisins and markers and balloons and monkeys and tomatoes and toilet paper and stickers and juice and shoes and soap suds and handprints on the wall. Oh, wait - that was just another 13! So you got a double dose today...

Hope you all are having a thankful Thursday, too! Now I must be on my way to spin a few more circles!

21 comments:

Denise said...

I love this, be blessed.

Anonymous said...

I think you've jumped into the minds of most toddlers!

Debra Kaye said...

I love your thankful heart! Thank you for sharing it with us toay!

Happy Thursday...((hugs))

Lori said...

great list... isn't it fun that the simple things mean so much

Tara R. said...

I love so many things on this list too. Maybe not the spinning around part, but buttons, definitely buttons.

dani said...

dear esme... i'm thankful for all those things too; i'm most thankful that i found you, though:D
have fun twirling sweet and beautiful girl!!!
love,
dani

Sandra said...

This is so cute and I think those are some of my favorite photos of Esme. You caught her innocence and sweetness so well :)

Laski said...

Oh, Esme. The world is so much more beautiful through your eyes . . .

Laurie Ann said...

I *so* loved that post! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

ShEiLa said...

It is always so much better to be thankful... than the alternative. Esme, you are so darn cute!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Kori said...

I think you and Owen would be very good friends; his list is much the same as yours, except he loves oranges and doesn't know what a mango is!

Unknown said...

Wonderful list! So many fun things to do and see and touch! Ladybug loves to twirl in circles too!

Pam said...

you always make the best lists!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOVE this! GREAT shots - the sheer joy on her face is awesome!

SarahHub said...

Singing is my favorite, too! And I love the pictures!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

You are so cute! I love popcorn, too.

daysease said...

That was a MOST wonderful list, Esme. There is certainly something to be said for "count your blessings, name them one by one..." so we can remember all of the wonderful things that God has done for and given to us. Continue appreciating and relishing and being thankful... May your heart only and always continue to learn to be more grateful to Jesus...

Anonymous said...

Love your list of thankfuls!

Anonymous said...

Aw, such a sweet list, and I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

I found this today:

http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=58

Free diapers for missionaries!! And thought of you...

Pregnantly Plump said...

What a wonderful list! And what could be more fun than spinning in circles? Nothing jumps to mind.