Here's a link to some smiling boys in Mozambique. I dare you not to smile back!
And a link to my favorite thoughtful post of the week - When Bad Things Happen . . .
And finally a link to a young kid singing a powerful song. (Note: I'm not making any political or moral statements with this link - I do believe war is inevitable on this planet in its current state. But wouldn't it be nice if there were no war - the way God originally intended?)
God always has incredible timing. I've got FOUR awards to pass on this week - and it has been a week when I really needed the extra lift. So thank you, awarders - consider yourselves miracle workers . . .
To all you awardees listed below, I just wanted you to know I appreciate your blogs. Feel free to pass on the awards if you wish.
The Arte Y Pico Award comes from Wifey at Wifey's House. I must say I love Wednesdays at her house - and I'm not gonna tell you why! Check it out for yourself . . .
Now the rules are I have to post the rules and pass on to five people. So here are the rules:
- Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
- Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.
- Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
- The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the “Arte Y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
- Please post these rules.
- The Artful Parent. This blog is a regular source of inspiration for my art with Esmé - with lots of ideas from her toddler art group and her own daughter.
- Munchkins and Music. There are so many ideas here for ingraining a love for music in even the littlest of kids. I'm inspired with every post.
- Our Crafts N Things. Another source of good craft ideas for little ones.
- AfricanKelli. Lots of cool cooking and sewing projects here - and my favorite part is the African twist, especially her accounts of her recent trip to Malawi and Mozambique!
- Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. All kinds of recipes and gorgeous photos on this mother's blog. And she's got ties to Mozambique, too!
The You Make My Day Award comes from Restless Housewife at the Restless Blog, where she shares her rather entertaining view of life with an almost 2-year-old girl. Boy, can I relate to most things there!
I'm not sure that there are any rules with this award, so without further ado, I'm passing it on to:
- Praying for Parker. I get a huge smile on my face every time I see another of Parker's photos!
- Genesis Moments. A fun look at life from the perspective of a writer and mother.
- Becoming Me. A mom sharing how God is transforming her life.
So here are the rules for this award:
- Put the logo on your blog
- Link to the person you received your award from
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs
- Put links to those blogs on your site
- Leave messages on the blogs you've nominated
- Who's Your Daddy? Spiritual implications and applications in the life of a parent, particularly a father.
- Every Day Miracles. Experience the miracles God is doing in one mother's life. I've really been enjoying the from-the-heart posts here.
- 5 Minutes for Parenting. I've been loving all the thoughtful posts on here - every one of them. Great job, guys!
- My Sweet Life. All about faith and kids - with some good writing.
- Not a DIY Life. Faith and motherhood fully integrated.
- Summer's Nook. All the good stuff about real motherhood.
- Baby Tea Leaves. More good stuff about real motherhood.
- And the last award I'm passing on is the Sharing the Love Award. This one comes from Angie at 7 Clown Circus. You can read the story of her most memorable first kiss there - it is a sweet one.
So the awardees for the Sharing the Love award are:
- Austin to Africa. One of my first blog reads, I'm enjoying reading about someone else's adventures right here in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Pregnantly Plump. As one proud mommy, I love reading the musings of another proud mommy.
- One Moms World. Just in case you haven't seen enough links to mommy blogs on this page, here is another one I love to read!