Thursday, June 12, 2008
At least my jetlag is over. At first I was crashing at 3, 4, and 5 p.m. and sleeping until 1, 2, and 3 a.m., and then I was ready to party. Now I’m sleeping until 6 or 7 at least. Mommy’s not doing so well. She keeps getting up in the middle of the night, and then she’s ready to sleep at 5 p.m.
Speaking of which, we got new dressers! (I’m sure there’s a correlation – just don’t have time to think of it.) Aren’t they beautiful?! That means we don’t have to live out of our suitcases anymore. Though after a year, those suitcases are getting pretty broken in. And Daddy’s worried I’ll pull a drawer out on my foot.
Focus, focus, focus. This blog post is about Auntie Audra’s wedding. It was the Sunday before Memorial Day, and it was beautiful! And now I have to come up with 13 things about it cuz it’s Thursday.
1) This was my second wedding, and my first in the US.
2) It started EARLY! We drove by in time to see A. step out of the carriage, but it took a while to find parking. We entered at exactly 2 p.m., and A. was already up front being “handed over” to S. So we got to “make an entrance.” Mommy wanted to know what happened to the good old days – she walked down the aisle an hour late! (And that was 13 years ago – how’s that for Thursday 13?)
3) There were horses! Two beautiful ones. I like horses!
4) The colors were yellow and brown. Mommy says she’s never seen those colors before, but it was gorgeous. Sunflowers and black-eyed susans did the trick and fit the country atmosphere.
5) The ceremony was short and sweet. Not too much time for things to go wrong, ya know? A little confusion on which hand the ring went and when to kiss – there had to be something to talk about!
6) I liked the kissing part the best!
7) We had BBQ’d burgers at the reception. I like burgers!
8) And soda. I like soda! Mommy here: who let YOU have soda? I thought you were eating ice!
9) And cake afterwards! I had wedding cake for the first time!
10) There was a little girl my age there. She wore a hat. I like hats!
11) They didn’t let me catch the bouquet. I don’t know why not. Weddings look like fun!
12) A & S went off to Hawaii afterwards. I think they should have taken me with! I’ve never been to Hawaii yet, but Mommy says it’s wonderful!
13) Included here is a prophetic photo of what A & S will look like in 3 years’ time after their first kid!