Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Walking!

It's official! I am walking now!

When I started crawling a couple months ago, Mommy stopped putting dresses on me for the most part, since it was hard to crawl in a dress.

Since I've been close to walking but "choosing" not to go more than a step or too, Mommy decided to put dresses on me starting last week. Everybody thinks I look very pretty in them, so I decided to make the best of the situation and perfect the "dress crawl." (For you jobbernowls, probably of the male gender, that's crawling with one knee and one foot.)

Well, I still prefer crawling, but today I decided it was time to stand up and walk. So I've been walking to people - albeit not too far, but far enough to apodictically call it walking.

And every time I do it, I get a big hug and lots of cheers. That's the best part!

In fact, this is so exciting that I don't want to sleep! I skipped both my naps today because there is just way too much to see and do now that I'm walking! The whole world awaits me!

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a lot of shank's mare travelin' to do . . .

0 comments: