Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Stuff

Esmé's Mommy here...

It's 12:59 a.m. and I just feel like chatting rather than going to bed. So I thought I'd play along with

and

and give you 7 fragments of STUFF...
  1. Happy National Donut Day! What a perfect way to wrap up our "D" weeks... Though sadly there are no Krispy Kremes in our area - I hear they and a few other donut chains are giving away free donuts. So if there is one near you, please go get one and remember me while eating it! Bavarian cream if you don't mind. (BTW, is it "donut" or "doughnut?") Of course, we won't let the day go to waste - we'll be making biscuit donuts. Of course.
  2. To celebrate the end of "D" week, we are demolishing diapers. Yep - today, er, yesterday, we stockpiled a doll that pees, snacks and candy for prizes, and lots of drinks. Toilet training camp starts on Sunday. We fully expect to be done with training within 2.5 hours, of course. Of course. Just to be on the safe side, though, we've got 4 days of at home time before we have to go anywhere, since Esmé's Tuesday tumbling class was canceled.
  3. Speaking of tumbling, Esmé started doing somersaults on her own at her cousins' house last weekend and hasn't stopped since... Of course.
  4. Our public library has this 50-book checkout limit. It's not enough! Now I check books out on my husband's card, too. I may have to get Esmé her own card soon. And no, we haven't lost any books yet. Of course not.
  5. I really really wish Mr. Linky would work again. I had all kinds of links on my alphabet posts that I want to check out for "E" school.
  6. I am really intrigued by the concept of ARCs - Advance Reading Copies of books distributed for free with the idea that the reader will post a review of the book. Or something like that. How does this work? How can I sign up to get free books? I LOVE books, especially free ones! Anyone?
  7. You know that menu planning thing? I'm pleased to say we've now started week 2 of being on a menu plan! Now, it's just one meal per day, but someone else plans the menu and even puts the shopping list together for me. And it's free - at http://www.menus4moms.com/. Being vegetarian, I do lots of substitutions. Of course. Did you know pierogies make excellent substitutes for chicken breasts when making "chicken" cutlets? Yummy... (If you want to pay a little for something that better suits your dietary requirements, http://www.savingdinner.com/ is pretty good, too. But right now I can't justify paying money for a menu when I'm sitting around doing nothing all day. Of course not. And I'm not being paid for this advertisement. Of course not.)

Now take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your weekend!

---------------
You've got just a teensy bit more time to enter our Father's" Day Photo Canvas Giveaway! Hurry up and check it out if you haven't already!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by for Friday Fragments...wish I could plan meals lol.. that would be so much more organized!

Tracey said...

I see by number four that you love books as well! Our library limits us to 30 books per checkout!! So far, I have a card and my older daughter has one, so we've been able to make it : )

Heather of the EO said...

I love it that you said "of course" so much.

That's a lot of books!!!

And thanks for the menu link - I've gotta check that out!

Prasti said...

sorry you don't have a krispy kreme near by. the closest one to us is 20 minutes away. we used to live 5 minutes away from one...that was bad. very bad.

we love pierogies. they just take a long time to make. i'll have to check out those menu planning links.

jmt said...

As I was about to ask....in my head I was already asking..."do you LOSE any of those 50 books? Good gracious!" you answered the question. How in the world do you NOT? We check out two at a time and it's difficult to get them back there. Seriously. :)
Happy Friday. Thanks for stopping over at my 'place'. I think you are VERY advanced in literary skills for a 2 year old.

Kori said...

If you find out about the advance copy thing, let me kow; that would be THE best.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I am going to have to try that pierogie/chicken cutlet substitution. Great idea! My husband is addicted to pierogies, and I am vegetarian .. . match made in heaven!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the visit at my place this week. It was good to read your posts and find out some new ideas! Loved the fashion show as well! I'll be checking out the menu sites!

Anonymous said...

50 books? Holy cow!

Good luck potty training!

Eve said...

Good luck with the potty training!

I want to know about the free books too. I'd do reviews in exchange!!

Mrs4444 said...

It's a wonderful gift to give to your daughter; the love of reading. We grew up with very little, but we had all the library books we could want.

Thank goodness there is no Krispy Creme store here!! (I'd weight 300 lbs.)

Good luck with that potty training thing, but it does sound like she's ready; a girl who can do somersaults certainly has enough talent to pee on the potty. :)