Thursday, August 29, 2013

X is for eXtra

Dear Miss Esmé,
 
You are eXtra.
 
eXtra persistent.  eXtra intense.  eXtra sensitive.  eXtra imaginative.  eXtra creative.  eXtra focused.  eXtra distracted.  eXtra insistent.  eXtra determined.  eXtra fussy.  eXtra sweet.
 
eXtra-ordinary.
 
I was reading up on writing tips the other day, and one was that a good humorist relays a situation most people can relate to, simply exaggerating the details.  With you, I don’t have to exaggerate.  You make me smile!
 
When I try to garner sympathy for the challenges in parenting you, I hear, “All parents have to deal with those challenges.”  And I get it.  It’s not different, just extra.
 
 
You see the vast universe and the tiniest ant and tie it all together.  You think long. You think hard. You think big.
 
And here’s the really cool thing.  God exceeds your “extra-ness.” Your ideas can’t even begin to compare with His plan for your life.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no human mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love him--

~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

I love you, my amazing, beautiful, clever, dilly-dallying, energized, following, grace-filled, hidden, indomitable, Jericho-miracle, kidlet, loved, mirroring, named, one-of-a-kind, poor, quicksilvery, ransomed, snuggling, tough, useful, vibrant, worthy, eXtraordinary baby girl!
 
Your Mom
-------------------------
Each birthday, I write a letter to my baby girl.  This year, the year of the amazing 56-year-mark, I’ll be working from A to Z.
 
ABCLetters322

---------------

Enter to win Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking by Vivian Kirkfield.

0 comments: