Just in time for Miss Esmé’s 5th birthday, a big box came with a great surprise…
Bobble Bots Moshi Monster Moshlings! These fun little critters are battery-operated and move around and around for hours on special building tiles that you can set up in various formations. Get enough sets, and they can move around the whole town, in and out doors and every which way.
- One Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters Moshling
- One Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters Store
- One Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters Starter Set
Each set came with its on Moshling, so we have three in total. And each Moshling has secret codes that unlock online content at www.moshimonsters.com (which already has a bunch of free activities – think safe social networking for kids) for all-round fun.
Once we had unpacked them all and set up their “Gross-ery” Store play area, Esmé began naming her Moshlings and giving them personalities. She took one to bed with her, rotating the privilege amongst the others over the next few nights.
And in the morning, she would tell us how she prayed for more Moshlings to add to her collection – of course, she wants every one in the set!
We had one tragically sad tearful moment – when she realized that names were already printed on the Moshlings, and they weren’t the ones she had chosen. I tried to convince her it was okay for adoptive parents to rename their babies, but that wasn’t good enough. Finally she reconciled to the fact that “the printed name was their real name, but her names were nicknames,” so she could call them by her names if she wanted to. Crisis averted - gah!
From the creators of HEXBUG® Micro Robotic Creatures comes an all-new buzzing, explorative, and collectible line of toys with customizable playsets.
This new brand of innovative robotic pets and playsets fuses some of what fans love most about HEXBUG - high-tech vibration technology, collectable pieces, and open-ended creative building play - with the hugely popular virtual Moshling characters and buildings, in a way that brings Monstro City to life for millions of fans worldwide.
The initial assortment of Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters products include 24 battery operated collectible Moshlings and a variety of configurable 3-D "dollhouse" replicas of the streets, yards, buildings and houses found online in Monstro City. Every Bobble BotsTM Moshi Monsters product will include secret codes to unlock new content in the online world at www.moshimonsters.com.
Recommended Age: 7 – 12yo
For More Info: http://www.bobblebots.com/
I LOVE Rocky. I like the other ones, too. I like most that they move. And you know what? They move pretty good!
Other kids should get Bobble Bots. I want more of them.
What Mom Liked:
- Cute factor. For my daughter’s sake, I appreciated the cuteness appeal. (And yes – some of the monsters look less like monsters than others.)
- Creative factor. It’s fascinating to observe how these battery-operated critters are designed to keep moving regardless of obstacles in their path. There is an element of creativity as you move building tiles around, plant gardens, etc. You can set up a whole town for lots of dramatic play.
- Online factor. I appreciate how online virtual play, with all kinds of adventures and activities in caring for a virtual pet, translates into hands-on play with this activity set.
And now for the giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a Bobble Bots Moshi Monsters Starter Set!
To enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post. Include your email so I have a way to contact you.
- If you are a subscriber or follower, leave a second comment for a second entry.
Giveaway ends April 21 at midnight PST. US mailing addresses only on this one, please. Winner will be randomly chosen.
Disclaimer: Thanks to BSM Media for coordinating the review and giveaway product in exchange for an unbiased review. All opinions are our own.