Friday, October 21, 2011

Total Randomness

I was looking online for a Pumpkin Patch Scavenger Hunt to go with our pumpkin patch trip to the today (pics coming soon), but didn’t find any, so quickly made up a preschool edition.

And I thought I’d be nice and share with you, but I have never shared documents before, so I’m not sure exactly what I’m doing.  I’d love any feedback on how the Google Documents sharing works for you all.  (I’ve got a little global series of printables I’m putting together, so hoping this actually works…)

Without further ado, here is the Pumpkin Patch Scavenger Hunt printable.  Double-click the picture, and the pdf should open right up.
image

And, a little shameless self-promotion!
image
You can find my nominations under The Harried Homeschooler Award and The Meme Forgotten Award – I think I’m a prime candidate for both!

Speaking of awards, Nikki at Joy in the Journey generously passed on the Versatile Blogger award to us – thank you, Nikki!  She is a fellow TOS Crew Member and shares a lot of home education ideas.  Check this Weekly Wrap-up post for some very cool pumpkin art!

Now, there are a bunch of rules for this award, but I think I’m going to be breaking a lot of them.  I thought I’d at least copy Nikki’s “seven things about me” rule, so here goes:
  1. I’ve done my time in college, but love learning and wouldn’t mind earning lots more degrees.  Though I have taken enough statistics and calculus to last a lifetime. 
  2. I REALLY want to run a marathon.  I am trying to figure out how to fit the running in during daylight hours, and with my current schedule, it is an impossibility.  I know - I need to shelve my excuses.
  3. We are a six-vehicle family (counting the motorbike), but we live way out away from civilization and my husband needs a fleet to keep up with his construction business.  In fact, he’s been having all kinds of adventure with his latest acquisition – if this counts as a vehicle, that would be seven… P1040919 (2)
  4. We don’t have TV.  I mean, we have a nice 54-inch TV and plenty of DVDs, but no TV reception, and internet speeds are so pathetic out here that we don’t get much in the way of internet TV, either.
  5. Esmé wants a tattoo.  She doesn’t care what it says or looks like.  Alas, her dad won’t even let her try the temporary ones.  I don’t have a tattoo.  There are some cool ones out there, though.
  6. I really want a big vegetable garden next year, but I am dreading dealing with the multitude of grapes dropping off our vines right now.  Any suggestions for grape products you can freeze instead of can? P1040923 (2)
  7. I like playing the piano, though I've lost what talent I had through lack of practice.  I really wish I had a piano.  A keyboard is just not the same, and we have no space for even a keyboard to be permanently set up in our house, so I don’t get it out very often.  Esmé enjoys singing along with her guitar; alas, no one in our house knows how to tune a guitar, let alone play chords.  My dream house includes a library and a sound-proof music room.
I have been debating whether to post our Magic Marker Monday/Poetry post today (Friday), or wait until Monday, when I will be behind a week.  I think convention (and lack of time) will win.  We have a zillion and one posts in mind, but not the time to get them up.  I am rather behind in reviews, also, so you may see a deluge of them, but we’ll try to stagger them with the more personal ones as well.

Wishing you all a restful, peaceful weekend!

1 comments:

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Love the printables! It worked fine for me. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be glad to vote for you in the Misfit Awards!