Friday, August 19, 2011

On Growing Up…

P1040236


4yo Esmé:  I want to work at McDonald’s when I grow up!

Mom:  Oh, okay…  (putting aside neurosurgery plans).

Esmé:  Why are they all wearing red and blue shirts?

Mom:  That’s the work uniform at McDonald’s.

Esmé:  But can they wear pink?

Mom:  No, I don’t think so.

Esmé:  Then I don’t want to work at McDonald’s!  I want to wear pink!

Mom:  Okay… (thank goodness for pink…)

Esmé:  What color do they wear at Taco Bell?

Mom:  I don’t think it’s pink.

Esmé:  But if it is, I could work at Taco Bell!

Sigh…

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd just like to say that I am completely shocked that your daughter even knows what McDonald's and Taco Bell are. I guess I had the impression that you were organic loving vegetarians.

ShEiLa said...

Miss Esme... when you are a neuro-surgeon you can wear whatever color you like. I have seen scrubs in every shade of pink. *Ü*

ToOdLeS.

Jennifer said...

Great aspirations :) My daughter wants to be a vet, retire, and groom dogs.