Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Review: If Mama Ain't Planning

Esmé's Mommy here.

I love schedules. I love planning. I'm not so good at following through.

If you're like me - full of great ideas for the new year but still struggling to get on track with them, I've got a planner for you: If Mama Ain’t Planning, 2010: Daily Devotional Planner. I tried it for a week, and on Sunday I printed the whole year out. So I'm committed!

This is an e-book by Anitra M. Elmore. It incorporates devotionals from her blog, If Mama Ain't. You can see a preview and purchase it from her website for $9.99. (She's also got an affiliate program if you love the planner and would like to receive a percentage of purchases you've promoted.)

So what's there to love about the planner? First of all, I love that it has both a monthly view and a weekly view. It's simple, too - each day is broken out into Must Do, Might Do, and Menu sections for easy classification of all you need to get done.

It's got a devotional aspect, too, of course, with a Bible reading for each day and a monthly inspirational reading that introduces the theme for that month.

What makes it unique, though, is the intentional purposing to become a more godly mother. The author highlights a prayer focus and a spiritual habit for each month. The devotionals guide you into reflection on the past month and projection of the coming month, encouraging you in your spiritual goals. There is space to write down a key (or memory) verse for each week. And a daily reminder to pray.

I'm just starting. I can't tell you exactly how this journey will end, but I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks to the author for the review copy of this e-book, and to MamaBuzz for coordinating this tour. (I am not part of the affiliate program, so receive no monetary compensation for promoting this planner.)