- Ten Green Bottles.
- Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley (a favorite).
- We mixed yellow and blue to get green. First we did paints.
- And then I painted a tree with my green paint. With some guidance from Mommy.
- And then we mixed playdough, and I made a snake!
- We did a green scavenger hunt outside.
Adventures...Animals: Giraffe and Goat.
- Bill Grogan's Goat.
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Paul Galdone (my absolute favorite book ever!).
- The Goat Lady by Jane Bregoli
- Goat's milk. It was okay, but not perfect.
- Animal cracker goats. Mommy said I was a troll for eating goats, but I'm really not. I'm the littlest billy goat.
- Grilled cheese sandwich and a salad that even a goat would eat! (And veggie booty and green grapes.)
- Oh yeah - that broccoli left over from my green meal yesterday? I ate the whole pot of it - cold - with ranch dip! Yummy!
- To go along with the Billy Goat book, we did bridge experiments. First we made a bridge out of three pieces of paper - and it didn't hold stuff up so well.
- Then we took one of those those three pieces of paper and folded it with a fan fold, creating triangles if you look at it sideways. When you stick that paper between the other two, those same three pieces of paper can hold a whole lot. I LIKE triangles!
- Also to go along with the Billy Goat book, we did lots of 3x exercises. Three jumps, three push-ups, etc.
- Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
- My Happy Pumpkin by Crystal Bowman (a favorite).
- Pumpkin cupcakes - my favorite part was the green gumdrop stem!
- Apple cobbler -
- made from the last apples from our orchard!
- After collecting leaves (see next item), Mommy put one of each kind of leaf on the table and gave me another set of each leaf to match up to the leaves on the table.
- We raked leaves.
- And I rode my bicycle.
- We collected leaves outside on a "signs of fall" nature walk.
- And we had leaf "blizzards" inside to music!
Country: Greece and Italy.
- We watched Italian opera on DVD. Definitely NOT my style - I didn't last long!
- Cooking the Greek Way by Lynne W. Villios.
- Goofy and the Gondola: An Adventure in Italy from Disney's Small World Library.
- Pizza Kittens by Charlotte Voake (a favorite).
- Tony's Bread by Tomie de Paola.
- The Princess and the Pizza by Mary Jane and Herm Auch.
- We did a gravity experiment. Mommy asked me what would fall faster - a big ball or a little ball. Of course, the bigger one! We checked it out...
- I played on my swing!
Food/Bible: Ginger, Garlic, Grapes, and God.
- Jesus Loves Me
- Dr. Welch and the Great Grape Story by Mary Lou Carney.
- We talked about growing. First you plant a tiny seed, then you water it (we played with a spray bottle filled with water), and the sun shines on it (we played with the lights), and it grows!
- I "made" a garden with floral foam and flowers (and water and light).
- And we checked out how much I've grown! Here's a piece of yarn that shows how tall I was when I was born, and another piece that shows how tall I am now! 20 inches to 36 inches...
If you have a post or link related to "G" Activities for toddlers, link up here!