Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Esmé (29 months) has lots to say these days.

When she woke up one morning, here was her story: "There is a poop tiger on my back! I ha' to scratch it off and take it to the lions' den."

---------------
Pappa and I were discussing something at lunch, and she wanted to interject. "Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy!" repeatedly until she finally got our undivided attention.

Then, looking all around as if trying to find something to say, her eyes settled on the floor. "The floor is dirty!"

Anything to be part of the conversation, I guess. Certainly not a reflection on my lack of housekeeping skills, of course.

---------------
Speaking of mealtimes, we don't eat at the table often enough, but on this occasion, we were. Esmé decided to show off some manners.

"Please excuse me!"

"You're excused," I replied.

"You WANT to excuse me?" she questioned, an almost-sad look on her face.

So I had to explain that while I loved having her at the table with us, I was excusing her because she asked. She had to think about that one for a bit...

---------------
Pappa has been working on a swing set outside, which resulted in an irresistible ladder close by. Esmé made a beeline to it.

"Please don't climb the ladder!" I warned.

"But I want to see the blue sky!" was her comeback.

How do you argue that one?

12 comments:

Mama Jenn said...

Awh, kids can say some of the cutest and funiest things!!!

Amy said...

This is a sweet post. I love it when children start talking..

ShEiLa said...

Never lose the humor Miss Esme.
Also you can see the sky from the ground level... I do it all the time.

ToOdLeS.

Madeline said...

That last one is my favorite!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK - the story about the tiger and the lion's den is hilarious. I love the randomness!

Happy TTT! Hope you get to see some lovely blue sky today :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK - the story about the tiger and the lion's den is hilarious. I love the randomness!

Happy TTT! Hope you get to see some lovely blue sky today :)

Brooke said...

aww! how sweet - she wanted you to make her stay at the table! :)

SarahHub said...

Wonder what the dream was to spark that poop tiger comment?

So cute!

AnnG said...

Kids love to be center of attention even if they don't really have anything to say! Definitely not a reflection of your housekeeping skills! lol!

Tiger poop....that's a new one for me!

grammy said...

I love climbing the ladder to see the blue sky (o:
I won a book from one of the book give aways. How fun.

Andrea said...

haha...those are adorably cute! I love the last one about wanting to see the blue sky...like you said, how DO you argue with that?!

Lisa said...

I finally realized I didn't have you in my Google Reader yet! I miss having two-year-olds to make me laugh every day! It's great that you're keeping a record of the funny things.