Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday 13 - Cousins!

For today's Thursday 13, may I present to you... THIRTEEN cousins!
Let me back up. Remember, a weekend ago we went to Portland? Well, first we met Ouma and Oupa at the airport, of course.
They weren't the only ones we met at the airport. See, Maranatha, the organization we were with in Mozambique, was having a convention, a really big meeting, in Portland that weekend, too! So here is Mr. Elmer from Brazil via Mozambique...
And my buddy Aryan from India via Mozambique, too! We started playing on the airport parking lot floor, picking out gum and oil spots, proving once again that you don't need fancy toys to have a grand time!
I got to play with Aryan some more at the convention that night. Here we are checking out the GIANT!
There was a really cool water fountain in the church that I played in, too!
Then we had to sit inside and listen to Steve Green. Mommy really enjoyed it. Aryan and I checked out different seating, and then I started collecting jewelry from people.
The next day was filled with cousins! See, all Mommy's brothers and sisters were together at the same time!
With spouses, too...
That meant there were cousins...
And more cousins...
And more cousins...
And wacky cousins...
AND MORE COUSINS! 13 of them!
That means we had all kinds of cousinly fun, like kissing pink pigs...
And catching birds and butterflies...
And spinning...
And just chillin' in the library.
And when I needed help getting my shoes off...
I had cousins to help me!

11 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

What a wonderfully rowdy house hold. If you got all my family together at once, it amounts to six people.

ShEiLa said...

What a treat having so many cousins. I love that you were able to be together with all your siblings (Esme's Mommy).

Check out all the attention that you were getting... fun huh Esme?

ToOdLeS.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

What an awesome take on the prompt! I don't know if you've been following my Thirteens lately, but I've been doing all sorts of goofy stuff with them (my True Story is a recent favorite).

The Activity Mom said...

How fun! I can't believe there are 13.

Kaytee said...

Great pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun!!

Unknown said...

Steve Green?! Awesome!!! He is so talented...

Brooke said...

gotta love big familys! :)

The Bumbles said...

Lucky girl. I have more cousins than I even know - firsts, seconds, thirds - I can't keep track. My husband only has 2. I thought he was joking when he first told me that. He thought I was joking when I told him I had no idea how many I had - at least 20.

Calico Crazy said...

What a lucky girl! My poor punk only has 1 (2 soon); but they are far away and we never see them.

Calico Contemplations

dani said...

cousins are the best, esme!!! kind of like brothers and sisters, huh:)
much love,
aunt dani xxx

Amy said...

What a big family you have.