Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WFMW - "U" Crafts

Tot School
"U" week has been an unequivocably unique week! Here are the crafts and activities that worked for this 22-month-old.

Umbrella. Of course I had to get an umbrella for this week! It's a cool yellow one with tigers and giraffes and hibiscus flowers on it! I put it up and protect Dolly from Mommy's water spray bottle while she sings "The raindrops fall with a pitter patter pit..."

And I played paper dolls with an umbrella, too. Mommy got this little creature (Papa says it's ugly for "U" week) from DLTK's site.


Worksheet. Some people don't think little kids like me should have to do worksheets, but I like coloring papers. Mommy says she liked worksheets as a kid because she felt like she was accomplishing something as she finished them.

Arguments aside, she found some that aren't actually letters, but rather writing skills, which she's been wanting to work with me on. And one was for a smiley-mouth curve, just like a "U!" So I got to color on that one. See the smiley-mouth I made?
UFOs. What IS that scary-looking thing on my breakfast plate? Mommy took a wheat hamburger roll, cut a hole in the middle, spread it with peanut butter, put banana and strawberry slices on it, and put a boiled egg in the middle. Man, was that scary! I didn't touch it!

Unicorn. We offer proof that unicorns still live and breathe today, though they may not be very active. All you have to do is paint a piece of paper, roll it into a cone shape and tape it, and put the cone on your SLEEPING cat's head. Take the picture quick, because soon he will be awake and fighting the cone with all the furor he possesses.
Underwater. I put holographic underwater stickers on a paper. They look a lot like Papa's scuba photos! Dolly helped.

Then I played with some glass rocks that look like water. First Mommy had me try to spoon them into an egg tray. That was NO fun at all!
Then she just let me pour them back and forth between containers and stir them with my spoon. That was much more fun!
Then I had the bright idea to put Kitkat underwater, too!
Universe. Black is where the world began! So Mommy and I colored things - stars, circles, and lots of unknown objects - onto a paper with crayons. Then we covered it with black tempera paint.
Upside Down. I don't use a dummy much anymore, but when I wasn't feeling good, I got my dummy and stuck it in upside down.

And Mommy and I made an upside down person. I drew the face, and Mommy drew the stick parts on the wrong side of the face.
Up and Under. We looked at pictures and talked a lot about what was "up" and "under."
Undo, Unzip, Unbutton, Untie, Unfasten, Unbuckle, Unbolt. We practiced a lot of "uns" this week, too! I can unzip and unvelcro and untie real well!

Matching. This wasn't really a "U" activity, but I wanted to share it anyway! We got an original Memory game. Mommy would put twelve cards in the card holder face up. Then she would hand me the twelve matching cards, and I put them into the matching card slots. It was fun!
There are all kinds of ways a kid like me can play games that are for older kids. So open up your options and try them out!

Say "Uncle!" Until next week Wednesday, when we work on wickedly wonderful "W!"


----------------
If you have a post or link related to "U" Activities for toddlers, link up here!

8 comments:

ShEiLa said...

So very busy with all the [U] stuff. With all this... nobody can ever say you are under-educated for your age.

Here is a U-word.
ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, esp. at the same time.

Kids are good at this one... they are here, there, and everywhere. Ü

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Andrea said...

haha...I laughed WAY WAY WAY too hard at your unicorn. :)

Pregnantly Plump said...

Who knew there were so many U crafts! Looks like she still had a fun week, despite being sick.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

great projects! how old is esme?

Anonymous said...

love the unicorn cat!

Mary said...

I have plan to try a letter week with Girlygirl next week. It is nice to see yours thanks.

Joannof10 said...

What a wonderful week!! and the Unicorn cat is just awesome!LOL

Anonymous said...

I love listening to music from my iPod while I'm on the impel, be it on the bus, the indoctrinate, or justified while doing groceries. For that objective, I always requirement a shapely twosome of stereo earphones with me, and of way on some days I'd like my earphones to be an component, where I match it with my concern for the benefit of that day. So I procure a pair of designer earphone every other month. Recently, I bought the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-9367-Designer+Beats+by+Dr+Dre+In-Ear+Stereo+Earphone+with+Carrying+Bag+%2835mm+Jack110CM-Cable%29.html]Designer Beats by Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Bag (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable)[/url] from DealtoWorld.com in their Speakers & Earphones section. DealtoWorld.com has change my non-fulfilment online shopping instal that I visit time again to buy whatever I may need. Flourishing to the DIY trust in or the mall has transform into kind of less pleasurable than browsing totally the encyclopaedic assortment of things at DealtoWorld.com. I would also like to get stereo speakers united light of day exchange for my home.

These interior decorator beats that I bought comes with a carrying suitcase, which makes the designer earphone actually handy to depend on and carry. I've uploaded a several of pictures of the intriguer stereo earphone and the carrying bag so you can comprehend what comes with the earphone set I bought from [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url].

On some days, I'd like to listen to good music with a strong bass, so I also do ordain in produce pairs of stereo earphone like Sennheiser. They're not so much designer beats, but really trustworthy for getting into the music. Although the author beats I bought from DealtoWorld.com is not a spicy disgrace like Sennheiser or Sony, it does still stumbling-block at large visible noise, making instead of listening pleasure. The technique the plotter earphone contours all the ears also makes after at ease survive, and the goodness trend give the Artist Beats past Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Lookout (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable) I bought from DealtoWorld.com is that it comes with multiple sizes of attention tips and spare ear buds. These things are hard to find so I'm ready the originator beats came with it. I can put these consideration tips and buds on my other pairs of earphone too. The carrying swoop down on is of ambit a important bonus for unoppressive storage and portability.

I like to rival this team up of designer beats at near Dr. Dre with my pink spaghetti strap and white shorts, I mark it goes ostentatiously with this outfit. While waiting in queues or waiting for the treatment of a achates as a service to a lunch selection, I make light of my favorite Spile Tapping Pirouette game on my iPod Meddle with with this yoke of stereo earphone. The external noise gets blocked exposed so justly, and coupled with the authoritatively engrossing eavesdrop on game, I don't gloaming announce when my ally arrives! Well, that's what a merit team up of stereo earphone should do, I believe. Notwithstanding how, I do win it a sense to save chestnut earphone out of my regard whenever I cross the street, or when I'm walking on a less unvisited road. This I do for shelter reasons. I effective wouldn't thirst for to after into an casualty or be in abuse's way just because I was wearing my deviser stereo earphone and couldn't be told risk come close to my way.