Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday 13 - Pets


Inspired by Strawberry Shortcake's Best Pets Yet, one of my favorite DVDs at the moment, here is a list of 13 pets I love or would love to have:
  1. KitKats! Boy, do I love my kitty cats! They are such fun to pester and pet, and they are so soft! Mommy says they do have sharp claws, but I haven't experienced those yet. I can talk their language, too. I don't understand why they run away from me sometimes, but that just makes them more fun!

  2. Puppies. Especially with little pink hearts in their mouths - I love hearts. I miss my Groban from Mozambique. He was fun to order around, even if he didn't obey me so well. And even if I had to fight him for my cabbage.

  3. Monkeys. Like Curious George. That would be so fun, especially if they could ride a bicycle, forwards AND backwards!

  4. Hippopotamuses. "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Only a hippopotamus will do. No crocodiles, or rhinocerouses. I only like hippopotamuses. And hippopotamuses like me too!"

  5. Rocking Donkeys. These are the same as rocking horses, except that Mary rode on a rocking donkey to go to Bethlehem. I learned all about rocking donkeys at church!

  6. Walruses. If I had a walrus, I could make him climb our walls!

  7. Pigs. Pigs are cute, and smart! Like Babe! And Curious George likes to play with pigs, too - it would be the perfect combination!

  8. Zebras. Zebras are smart, too, and they can run faster than a horse! Just watch Racing Stripes!

  9. Bunnies. I had lots of fun playing with my bunnies in Mozambique. They have such cute long ears! And they're soft, too. And the baby ones are fun to hold.

  10. Cows. They can jump over the moon! And they would eat the lettuce I don't want to eat at lunchtime. They chew chew chew and moo moo moo all day long!

  11. Butterflies. They are so beautiful! I wish I could catch one and keep its beauty with me all the time, but they keep flying away!

  12. Warthogs. They make the best cupcakes - with pickles in them! I read all about it this week. It would be fun to cook with them!

  13. Really Woollys. Sheep are amazingly smart... There are lots of little lambs here near Roseburg right now, and they are so cute as they play together!

More Thursday 13 participants can be found here.

Thanks to Samulli for the Thursday 13 header.


11 comments:

grammy said...

Fun Favorite pets. My little 21 month old Granddaughter loves hippos right now. There is a picture of her right now over at grammys. Loved looking at the Scotland pictures. Are you there now, or was that just a Christmas trip?

Andrea said...

Those are great pets...I mean, who wouldn't want a hippo for a pet? ;)

Colored With Memories said...

great list...i'm sure lily would love to have a cow come eat the lettuce off her dinner plate!

Damselfly said...

So funny. A hippo?~ My great-grandmother actually had a monkey. She also had a pet raccoon.

We have cats and turtles. But I've always wanted a llama.

Bethanne said...

Oh! I love thursday thirteen and haven't done it in soooo long! Those are some great choices...

I'd go with a dog. I would love to have a dog. :)

Heather of the EO said...

I've always wanted a hippo.

CC said...

I'd love a FRIENDLY Polar Bear :)

Unknown said...

You'd be the coolest kid on the block with a hippo - not that you aren't already.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Sandra said...

LOL a hippo, that is too funny

ShEiLa said...

I am sure I missed the boat on this one...
left to go help the kids last night... Thursday.

Now today is Friday...
next time I will have to play Thursday Thirteen...
unless I change it up a bit
and maybe make it
[Saturday 16]
I will sleep on it...
I am dead tired!

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

dani said...

i like all those animals, too, esme... and a hippo for Christmas would be awesome!!! i think i want a purple one; what color do you want your hippo to be???
i thought about groban the other day when i saw the picture of you reading carl... i bet groban is missing you, too.
love,
aunt dani