What is mommy school with out homemade craft recipes?
Flour-Based Poster Paint
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Small jars or plastic containers
- 3 or 4 drops of food coloring or paste (for smelly use kool aid)
- 2 tablespoons water per container
- 2- 4 drops of dish soap ( to make it washable)
- for shiny finish a few drops of corn sryup
- Measure flour into saucepan.
- Slowly add 1 cup water while stirring to make a smooth paste.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until paste begins to thicken.
- Measure 1/4 cup paste into each small container.
- Add food coloring/kool aid
- Stir well.
*If you want to make a big batch, don't divide into containers!
- Lay some paper towels or napkins onto a paper plate.
- Pour enough paint to make it stampable but not too much! You might need to spread it around with a paint brush.
- Now you can stamp anything you want!
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Mix water, corn syrup and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water.
- Add this mixture slowly to first mixture, stirring constantly.
- Let stand overnight before using.
Kool-Aid Play Dough
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons alum
- 1 envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid,any color/flavor desired
- Boil salt in water until salt is dissolved.
- Add Kool-Aid, vegetable oil, flour and alum.
- Knead or process until smooth.
Keeps for two months or longer.
Here is a great recipe for colored sand that will keep forever! Great for crafts or sensory tables
- 1/2 c salt
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tbsp liquid paint
- ziploc baggie
- paper towels/wax paper
- Pour all items in a baggie and seal shut.
- Give to LO to shake up and lay on paper towels or wax paper to dry!
This is great and wonderful to use w/ real LO's that might put glitter in their mouth! Great for crafts or sensory table too.
- food coloring
- baking sheet
- Mix up the amount of salt you want to make and food coloring
- Mix well
- Lay out on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 350 for 10 minslet cool and store!
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- Pink, Blue and green food coloring
- 3 bowls
- Add enough food coloring paste to get the desired color depth you want and add just a tad of water to make it more spreadable.