Esme’s Mommy here.
It’s hard to believe Esmé is 15 months old today! She continues to be ahead of the curve physically, mentally, and socially, and it is amazing to watch her grow, learn, and love! She is also rather strong-willed and in constant need of action; quite the challenge for her somewhat passive Mommy.
Stats – we haven’t done these in a while . . . Esmé is now 24 pounds and 30.5 inches by our measurements.
Happy 15th, beautiful baby! Keep amazing us every day!
Now on to the promised Thursday 13 specifically for bloggers – Blog Peeves.
Last week I went through thirteen reasons I keep a blog on my subscription list. Here are 13 of my blog pet peeves. Most are not reasons to unsubscribe, but they do add up.
And I’m guilty of some of the offenses myself. I know.
- No Feeds. If it doesn’t show up on Google Reader, I may never be back. I just don’t have the time. And if it does show up but with no content, I may or may not check out the content. My favorites are those with all content displayed.
- Anti-Spam Entries. Those word verification letters you have to type when leaving a comment so the computer knows you’re a person. I understand the purpose, but it’s annoying when you can’t make out the letters and have to keep trying and trying before your comment is accepted. Even worse are the math sums – how dare you tell me I don’t know how to do math?? 2+3 = 5, I KNOW!!
- Bad Language. A few bad words when the situation seems to absolutely demand it are okay, but please don’t make every other word a swear word. It makes me think you have nothing to say.
- Anti-Christian Sentiments. I’ve found some wonderful blogs by people of other religions and love reading about their religious traditions. Even lack of religious sentiment is fine. But please don’t attack my religious beliefs. Especially using swear words.
- Product Reviews. Some are better than others, but if you have too many blatantly-obvious reviews, it gets annoying.
- Ads. Too many ads on a blog home page are also annoying, especially if they take a long time to load.
- Broken Links. If you’re linking to something, it MUST be interesting! And then to have it not show up makes me feel like the person at the party who doesn’t know why everyone else is laughing. Is it the WAY I clicked on the link, or am I just fat?
- Too Many Comments. If it looks like you have a fan club, I’m not as interested. I don’t wanna be a groupie.
- Lots of Artsy Stuff. I have a love/hate relationship with blogs that are filled with crafts, cooking, and artful creations. I love seeing it, but it makes me feel so inadequate and unaccomplished. And overwhelmed by lack of time.
- Too Much Information. Specifically inappropriate/graphic information that I wouldn't want my kid to be in the same room with.
- Memes. Some memes are tastefully done, but I find myself skimming over most of them. I get the most benefit when I’m tagged and then read the answers of the person who tagged me while doing my own.
- Music. The kind that automatically plays. Sometimes I have a sleeping baby on my lap and I’ve forgotten to mute my computer. Bye bye, sleeping baby! Now I have no time to read your blog.
- Impersonal Preachiness. I like hearing about your lessons learned, but be real! Vent. Confess. Let me know who you really are.
Confession – I ate Nutella straight out of the jar today. And baby saw me. So I gave her a teeny tiny bit. Another chocoholic is born!
There – I’ve let it all out! Now I feel better. Let’s get back to the mushy gushy positive feedback affirmation stuff, shall we?
And please, please, please don’t think I’m pointing fingers at you! If you’re even reading this, you are definitely on your way to being one of my keeper blogs!