Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend in Review

Father’s Day

I have a very cool dad! All those skateboard photos you see with legs in the background? That’s my dad making sure I don’t bonk my head. I love my Daddy!
Here is the card Mommy and I made him for Father’s Day.
Mommy here: I learned a great tip when making this card. When things disappear, give another of the same thing to your little miss and she will lead you right to where she’s hidden all the others. I found the missing buttons that way – stashed in a pile of gift wrap paper!

Waterfall

The last time I wrote, I said we were going to a waterfall about an hour a way. That was a little overstated. I guess we were too late, cuz when we got there, there wasn’t any water falling.

And you certainly wouldn’t want to swim in that water, would you? (Even if it looked fresh and clear, the rivers here are known for bilharzia.) But it was a pretty spot for a picnic. Here's some of the group.

Here’s the view of the dam below the falls.

And here I am rock climbing – always with Daddy’s help! We forgot to bring my climbing harness on the trip, so I didn’t get to do any BIG rocks.
South Africa
On Sunday, we tried to go to Kruger Park in South Africa to see lots of animals. We had to get up at 4 a.m. and leave very early, since Dan (our visiting videographer friend) was flying out of Maputo that afternoon.

We made it to the park by 7:30, only to find that there were too many people (there’s a limit to how many are allowed in the park) and there was no way we were going to get in. We’ve NEVER had that problem before – but it was Youth Day on Monday, so lots of people were on vacation.

So Daddy went golfing instead with Dan and Tim (another cameraman), and Mommy and I stocked up on groceries in Komatipoort. And with such an early start, we made it back in plenty of time for Dan to catch his flight.

Indian Food
My cousin J. (the oldest one – in college already!) was here for a short while before heading to camp as a counselor. We went to an Indian restaurant on Monday for lunch just before his flight back to the US.

I learned how to dip my roti into the curry sauce before eating it. It was yummy!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE that skateboarding picture. So cute!

Unknown said...

What a great blog you have! Wonderful pictures, especially the skateboarding and rock climbing. It looks like your daddy is always looking out for you.

Thanks for visiting my blog too. Have a great day!

Claremont First Ward said...

I love reading about the things other countries have to offer. Looks like a really nice Father's Day.

Pam said...

the skateboarding picture and rock climbing picture are TOO cute! I love it.

Anonymous said...

what a busy girl you are! and my esme shares your love for indian food. must be an esme thing :-)

Unknown said...

Great pics! Love the card - smiles!

Anonymous said...

That is such a creative card. I love it!

Phyllis Sommer said...

gorgeous photos! thanks for visiting me today, i appreciate your comment.