Saturday, May 5, 2012

O is for One-of-a-Kind

You are original.
 
You are one-of-a-kind.
 
Did I already mention that if “everyone” is doing something, you are most likely to be doing the exact opposite?
 
You’re not particularly fond of worksheets and detailed assignments.  And when you do them (after much bribery and manipulative tactics), you always find a way to make them uniquely yours, making your numbers into flowers and animals and other such craziness.
 
Like this graph we worked on today - which shows the correlation between how many pies you eat and how many pounds you gain.  (Thank you, Life of Fred; it’s never too early to learn this tidbit of nutritional information…)  It’s not enough to draw and color the bars; you’ve got to make houses and patterns from them.
Pie Graph
 
Esmé – you are meant to dazzle, sparkle, glisten, shine – this seems obvious.  As much as I believe you’ll leave a big fingerprint on the world, though, I know the path may seem ordinary, even obscure, to others.  God calls us to greatness – but greatness in an upside-down sort of way.
 
Baby girl, just like your fingerprints are uniquely yours, so is God’s mark on you uniquely yours.
Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand and perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living, breathing
Priceless work of art

And I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece that all creation
Quietly applauds
And you're covered with
The fingerprints of God
 
  ~ Steven Curtis Chapman lyrics
I love you, my amazing, beautiful, clever, dilly-dallying, energized, following, grace-filled, hidden, indomitable, Jericho-miracle, kidlet, loved, mirroring, named, one-of-a-kind baby girl!
 
Your Mom
-------------------------
Each birthday, I write a letter to my baby girl.  This year, the year of the amazing 5-year-mark, I’ll be working from A to Z.
 

0 comments: