Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Grace

Dear Miss Esmé,
 
You are grace.
 
As much a monkey as you can be, you have always been all girl.  Total girliness when it comes to makeup and dress and lover of all things pink and frilly.  You’ve gone for days in a ballerina outfit, and the beauty of a skirt lies completely in its twirliness.
 
Grace
 
You dance and spin and twirl and glide.  You are graceful.
 
You beg us to watch.  And I do, loving and envying the freedom, the fluid motion.
 
And I am amazed that God has entrusted me with you, in spite of all I’ve been, in spite of all my mistakes past present and future – He has given me the unmerited favor of being part of His creation through you.
 
His grace fills you, my little one.  Grace – that unmerited gift of God that sets your feet free to dance…

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

~ Chris Tomlin lyrics

I love you, my amazing, beautiful, clever, dilly-dallying, energized, following, grace-filled baby girl!
 
Your Mom
-------------------------
Each birthday, I write a letter to my baby girl.  This year, the year of the amazing 5-year-mark, I’ll be working from A to Z.
 

1 comments:

Rose said...

Is this an invitation for Grandma to come and twirl with you, Esme. Is it also an invitation to join you in receiving God's amazing grace. Love you, Grandma