Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mission Sunday

Today we're featuring Moms, Ministry, and More, where you'll find Heidi's corner that's sometimes as big as all of Asia... and some days as small as a 4-walled apartment with piles of laundry and little feet pattering about.

The first post that caught my attention this week was about Kevin Carter and the definition of success. Now, I've heard Mr. Carter's story before, and every time I see his Pulitzer-prize-winning photo of a starving little girl with a vulture behind her, I feel sick to my stomach.

But this post inspired me to google a little to find out more about Mr. Carter's background, and truly, the tragedy doesn't start with the little girl in the photo. It was a reminder that no matter where we are or what we do, the lives we impact have the potential to impact others. So raise those kids well, mamas! Reach out to your neighbors. And make a difference in your own corner of the world.

The other thing I want to let you know about is the Candle in the Corner Giveaway hosted on Heidi's blog, starting this week! You can win some amazing prizes from all over the globe while donating to some very worthy causes: Each $5 donation gets you one entry. Check it out, spread the word, and join in the fun!

0 comments: