I got to coordinate crafts for Esmé’s class (ages 4-9) at church this weekend, and thought we’d share our Tower of Babel activities here…
First, the origami tower:
I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for as an online printable, so made my own origami Tower of Babel printable. You’re welcome to download it for your own use; I’ve included a few variations in case you are using it with a different memory verse, etc. Print it on card stock, hand out the scissors, and you’re good to go – you could also extend the activity by coloring the tower.
The second activity was the tower in the clouds.
- Collect wrapping paper rolls or paper towel rolls
- Print out a block print (several free options at Jennifer’s Printables) and cut to size if desired
- Wrap it around the roll and tape/glue it in place
- Glue cotton balls to represent clouds at the top
- Glue a paper block with your scripture verse to the bottom. I used the free block printable at LittleBlots.com and added our verse to it as shown here:
Pictured is Esmé’s craft – I ran out of block prints and her blocks were drawn in with a brown marker, and she taped her scripture block midway up the tower instead of at the bottom, but there’s the idea…