Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mission Sunday: Tower of Babel


I got to coordinate crafts for Esmé’s class (ages 4-9) at church this weekend, and thought we’d share our Tower of Babel activities here…

First, the origami tower:


I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for as an online printable, so made my own origami Tower of Babel printable.  You’re welcome to download it for your own use; I’ve included a few variations in case you are using it with a different memory verse, etc.  Print it on card stock, hand out the scissors, and you’re good to go – you could also extend the activity by coloring the tower.

The second activity was the tower in the clouds.


  • Collect wrapping paper rolls or paper towel rolls
  • Print out a block print (several free options at Jennifer’s Printables) and cut to size if desired
  • Wrap it around the roll and tape/glue it in place
  • Glue cotton balls to represent clouds at the top
  • Glue a paper block with your scripture verse to the bottom.  I used the free block printable at and added our verse to it as shown here:

Pictured is Esmé’s craft –  I ran out of block prints and her blocks were drawn in with a brown marker, and she taped her scripture block midway up the tower instead of at the bottom, but there’s the idea…

Virtual Refridgerator


Jennifer aGlimpseOfOurLife said...

Both are those are great ideas. It looks like a fun craft time with the missions lesson. Thanks for linking up!

Lindsey said...

Amazing! Could I link to these from my Growing Kids Ministry blog? Love the ideas!

Robert said...

Thanks for the origami tower craft! I'm using it with my children's group