Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday

DSC01267
Grandma gets credit for lots of things in this house.

I buy three-year-old Esmé some cute little trinket while we’re out on the town, and when we get home, her Pappa asks where she got it from.

“My grandma bought it for me.  She got it from a store in Africa.”  Or some other such thing.

Ahem…

So, Esmé started the Knock Knock joke phase this week, and I amazed her with my vast repertoire of three Knock Knock jokes.  She tried them all back on me.

Then came this gem.

Esmé:  Knock knock!

Mom:  Who’s there?

Esmé:  Peon!

Mom (unsuspecting, sure this has to do with peonies):  Peon who?

Esmé:  Pee on you!

Mom (shocked):  Esmé!  Where did you hear that one?

Esmé:  My grandma told it to me!

Grandma!  What were you thinking?  (It’s only fair that you get credit for the bad as well as the good…)

Anyways, I am in serious need of some good Knock Knock jokes.  Anyone?  Please?!


4 comments:

Lynn said...

Check out my latest post on knock knock jokes and my favorite beginner book of them! I think my son would love Esme's pee joke... In addition to the ones in my post, he likes "knock knock, who's there?, Lucy, Lucy who?, Loose elastic makes my pants fall down."

http://infantbibliophile.blogspot.com/2010/10/homophones-homonyms-and-knock-knock.html

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL...I loved the knock knock phase when they were ridiculous ones.

knock knock. who's there?
banana. banana who.
knock knock. who's there.
banana. banana who.
Knowck knock.
who's there?
orange. orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

Debbie said...

We have gone through the Knock Knock phase here too. Mary beat me to the one I usually say, but here is one of Selena's
Knock Knock. Who's There?
Cargo
Cargo who?
Cargo fast.

Annette W. said...

KK,
WT?
Boo
Boo who?
Please Don't Cry

KK
WT?
Olive
Olive who?
Olive YOU!