Seriously, let me get Mom to do this review, since she's the one who actually did the workout. And there's no way I need to Shed 5 Fast. Mom???
Yes, I've been doing pliés, thank you very much! And some very cool kick-boxing moves to offset them...
Maybe you're looking for a fun way to lose that baby weight. And you're like me - getting to the YMCA or gym for workout classes just isn't as easy as it used to be with baby tagging along. Face it - it's hard enough to get motivated to exercise, and when baby does everything in her power to sabotage your efforts, it's so easy to just QUIT!
Lindsay Brin's Shed 5 Fast DVD comes in!
Here's the quick synopsis:
Did five extra pounds sneak up on you in your busy life? Lose 5 pounds fast with Lindsay's Weight Loss methods. These two total-body workouts balance toning exercises with bursts of energetic cardio for maximum fat burning in only 30 minutes. This interval training is the most efficient way to burn calories, and two different workouts ensure you won’t hit a plateau during the six week program.I've tried a few workout programs since having Esmé, and this is my absolute favorite! Here's what I like:
You’ll lose five pounds or more in just the first three weeks with this Weight Loss fitness DVD! Lindsay Brin uses the 3/3 interval method for the most effective fat burning workout - 3 minutes of toning using multiple muscle groups to boost metabolism, and 3 minutes of martial arts/kickboxing to melt fat in exercises that are simple and effective. Follow your level- beginner, intermediate or advanced, or step up your program to advanced as you start to see results.
- The kick-boxing part! I did TurboKick classes pretty regularly for a while (before pregnancy), and I LOVE the moves; there's something just energizing and powerful about them.
- The length! My days are super short as it is, so 30 minutes is perfect. Long enough to feel like a workout, and not a moment longer.
- The 3-minute intervals! It just seems much more doable to stick with each exercise when I know it's only for 3 minutes.
- Two workouts at two levels! I haven't tried the second level yet, but it's nice to know there's something more to strive for. And there are three demonstrations in the workout for different fitness levels.
- Lindsay Brin! There are some workout instructors who are annoyingly cheerful, or annoyingly serious, or just annoying. I love Lindsay's personality - peppy and confident without being annoying. Seriously. (You can check out her blog if you're not convinced she's real and been there as a mom...)
...which is easy to do! You can pick it up at the Moms Into Fitness site for $15.99 - less this discount:
And a couple of other links:
giveaway, which ends August 19th, so you can rush over there to enter, too...)
Thanks to Lindsay Brin for the review copy of this DVD, and to MamaBuzz for coordinating this tour.