- The object of the game is to get all your opponent's pieces off the board. The trick is you have to be able to reach them.
- Pieces that have been eliminated can rejoin the game at any time.
- You must remain seated while playing. Unless Daddy lets you stand so you can reach the farthest pieces.
- You can move pieces on both sides - black and white.
- Biggest pieces move the farthest.
- Multiple pieces can share one block.
- You get extra points if you move two pieces at the same time.
- You want to place all the pieces nicely spaced apart.
- The littlest player gets the most turns. Alternatively, you don't have to wait for the other person to take his turn before you take yours.
- Remember to share your pieces with the other player.
- Banging pieces together gets you extra points, especially if they are the same kind of pieces.
- Dropping pieces on the ground makes you lose points.
- Chess must be played exuberantly - NOT quietly.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Daddy taught me to play chess tonight. Here are the 13 key chess rules to remember.