Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sea Anemones and Birthdays

Just wanted to get a quick post out before we head out to a waterfall near Namaacha to play hooky for the day.

First of all, happy birthday, Grandma! Mommy says you are 69 times older than me, but I don’t know my 69 times tables yet (only up to five, you know), so I’m not sure what that is. But I’m very glad you’re my grandma and I hope you have a happy day!
(Mommy’s note: Since Uncle Ed already let the world know which birthday it is, I don’t feel guilty at all.)

Then I wanted to let you know that even though I was on vacation last month, I still did some artwork. Here are a sea anemone and a porcupine I made from florist foam and craft sticks. Can you tell which is which?
Mommy tried to teach me colors as I was making these, but I didn’t really care which colors I was using – it was too much fun just sticking the sticks in and taking them out again! Mommy put the creatures high up where I couldn’t reach, or I would have been remaking them all day.

And in the background is the bottom of a package I decorated for Grandma.

Well, talk to you later. I still got lots to talk about regarding the US trip – going bowling and visiting cousins and flying . . .

3 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

awwww! That is the sweetest picture of them. My mom is so over the moon for my little guy. You can see it in their faces in that picture they feel the same way about your munchkin!!! Grandparents are the best.
Happy Happy Weekend!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is seriously the GREATEST idea for entertaining these little ones. I think I will have to do that next week! LOVE it!

Andrea said...

Those porcupines are soooo cute!