Saturday, June 2, 2012

R is for Ransomed

You are ransomed.
 
Of all your attributes, this one is the most important.
 
Ransomed
 
I ask you what “ransomed” means, expecting to hear stories of knights and princesses and kings.  Fairy-tale, fanciful stuff.  You are good at making up stories.
 
Instead, you say simply, “The price has been paid.”
 
And there is not much more to be said.
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.  ~Mark 10:45
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. ~Isaiah 51:11
I love you, my amazing, beautiful, clever, dilly-dallying, energized, following, grace-filled, hidden, indomitable, Jericho-miracle, kidlet, loved, mirroring, named, one-of-a-kind, poor, quicksilvery, ransomed baby girl!
 
Your Mom
-------------------------
Each birthday, I write a letter to my baby girl.  This year, the year of the amazing 5-year-mark, I’ll be working from A to Z.
 

1 comments:

Stef Layton said...

she looks like an angel!

hope you are well !!